Monday, June 27, 2016

When we went to Greece...only it was Nashville

We started from Kentucky to Monroe, LA,  but had a very important stop to make.  Jacob and Jenna Walker are two of the coolest people we know.  Seriously, I'm not even sure how they stay friends with old, boring people like us.  They are fantastic musicians, photographers, swing dancers, and parents.  You can check out some of their music here.  They moved to Nashville a few years ago, and we miss them, so it was fantastic to get to grab some lunch with them and their sweet daughter, Nora June!  Annika LOVED her pink boots!

We ate an amazing lunch at a local taco place, caught up, and departed.  We were casually flowing with traffic when we saw a sign.  It read "Parthenon - Next Exit".  Truth be told, I get confused pretty easily, but this one threw me over the edge.  I'm not a super smart girl, but the Parthenon is in GREECE (I had to google that since I get the Parthenon and the Pantheon mixed up).  Hook, line, and sinker, we exited.  I'll be dadblamed, there it was!  In Nashville, TN.  






The full scale replica wasn't open (closed on Tuesdays), but we spent some time looking at the architecture and talking about the history of the structure and how it in no way relates to Nashville.  Whatever.  Still a cool find!

It was hotter than snot, and we still had to make it to Monroe, Louisiana which is 7.5 hours from Nashville, so we head West on I-40.  I knew we had friends headed to Virginia that day, so I called them to see if we were anywhere close to being on the same rout.  They had had some changes in plans, and happened to be on I-40 East and had left Memphis!  We opted to meet up for a cup of coffee at a gas station.  Siri was ecstatic to see her friend Aubrey!



We made it a lunch stop.  Peanut Butter and Jelly down the hatch while mom filled up on gas, and we were back on the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment